Monday, March 8, 2010

The High Road

I'm the first person to make a case for independence, but sometimes the perfect musical marriage is twice as nice. If you're looking for your latest indie endeavor you've more than found it in the well-crafted perfection formed by Broken Bells. With their self-titled debut dropping tomorrow, March 9th, James Mercer of The Shins and Danger Mouse create a psychadelic world of delicious indie rock I want nothing more than to devour. Think I'm overhyping it? Go here to listen to their title track, The High Road, and for a deluxe pre-order.
Cause they know and so do I
The High Road is hard to find
A Detour to your new life
Tell all of your friends goodbye
The eeriest, coolest, most innovative track I've heard in ages. At the risk of making this seem like the holy grail of this year's independent collaborations, I'll try and pick up a hint from Mercer & DM and take the high road on this entry. I will not tell you this is the best album I've ever heard, as I've obviously done many times before. It is what it is, as the incandescent nature of the title track suggests. But if The High Road is any indication of the album in its entirety, I will be buying it tomorrow. Just sayin.

No comments:

Post a Comment