Sunday, December 6, 2009

A Year In Musical Review

I'm ready to say good riddance to 2009. It's not that I have a ton of problems at the moment its just that this year feels like an old, wornout shoe or a dangling scab that just NEEDS TO FALL OFF. As a wise man once said, "Get bored with your past - it's over!" And that is very much how I feel about this past year. But before I can discard it, I think I'll take a minute to think about my own personal soundtrack to 2009.

Dear 2009:
I know things were complicated with us this year, but I thought I'd give you this mixtape to remind you of all the times we shared. (No offense, but lets maybe not keep in touch?):

January:

Juicy - Notorious BIG

February:
Bonita Applebum - A Tribe Called Quest

March:
Zealots - The Fugees

April:
Angel - Rod Stewart

May:
Where Do We Go From Here - Alicia Keys

June:
Hold You In My Arms - Ray LaMontagne

July:
1901 - Phoenix

August:
Sleep Alone - Bat For Lashes

September:
California Stars - Wilco

October:
Allez - Flo Kat

November:
People Got A Lotta Nerve - Neko Case

December:
The Wolves (Act I & II) - Bon Iver

Love,
LeDavies



PS: I want my stuff back

No comments:

Post a Comment