Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Best of October

Some October faves, all the more relevant with cold air howling as their accompaniment.

1) Before I Die - Roma di Luna
A mainstay on the current this past week, and a favorite of mine for Channey Casselle's haunting, Cat Power-like growl. A homegrown independent music-making genius.

2) I'm Not Calling You a Liar - Florence + The Machine
Best with the iTunes visualizer handy.
There's a ghost in my lungs and it sighs in my sleep
Wraps itself around my tongue as it softly speaks
Then it walks, then it walks with my legs
To fall, to fall at your feet

3) Miracles - Jeremy Messersmith
J questions fate vs. free will with poignancy, as always.

4) When I'm Small - Phantogram
By far one of the most exciting discoveries this year. Sure to be around for many moons to come.
5) Rome - Phoenix with Devendra Banhart
The remixed version is more Bon Iver than Phoenix's Wolfgang Amadeus, which is why I dig it.
I never loved you
And if I loved you

I wouldn't say it, I'm sorry

1 comment:

  1. i love roma di luna!
    hi claire! i'm following your blog :)
    x x

    ReplyDelete