Friday, June 4, 2010

Reality Check

Whether its pure hip hop (no watered down club hits, please) or some raw indie rock from the late 90s, check these three for some instant gratification.

1. Reality Check - Binary Star
Introduced by a friend (shoutout to Cappuccio), this one got me on the intro alone. I miss multi-genre fused hip hop, and what this track lacks in bells and whistles it makes up for in originality.


2. Puppet On A String - Detroit Cobras
Raw rugged and with that grunge-girl-growl you already know I can't resist, Detroit Cobras will always have a place in my heart, and this song is too perfect to pass up.


3. Incinerate - Sonic Youth
Still sonic after all these years. This one instantly brings me back to driving through Venice Beach with the windows down. That guitar is eternal.

No comments:

Post a Comment