Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Grouplove

A mashup of The Pixies and Girls, Grouplove deliver multi-dimensional musical bliss on Colours, the runaway hit from their debut EP, which dropped only a few short weeks ago and is already garnering radio play on the current and vociferous declarations of love from indie fans across the nation. Colours caught my eardrums the other night and had me instantly turn the dial up without hesitation. Delivering unmatchably wry and beautiful lyricism and one of the catchier hooks I've heard in a while, Grouplove showers its listeners in indie-rock ear-nirvana.

So I pull the switch, the switch, the switch inside my head
And I see black, black, green,and brown, brown, brown and blue, yellow, violets, red
And suddenly a light appears inside my brain
And I think of my ways, I think of my days and know that I have changed.

It's the colors you have
No need to be sad.
It really ain't that bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment